The project brings together social and natural scientists, conflict management mediators and artists to explore the following questions and to find new approaches to perpetuated conflicts:
- What makes environmental conflicts last?
- How do conflict dynamics evolve during a long time span?
- How can the conflict history be taken into account in conflict management without simultaneously making the conflict prolonged?
- What role does scientific knowledge play in long-term conflicts?
- What new methods can be identified for conflict management?
- How do we bridge top-down and bottom-up approaches to conflict management?
The project is carried out in collaboration between:
University of Eastern Finland, National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture (Irstea), France, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (CEH), UK, Aberdeen University, UK, and Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE).
A project funded by:
More information: Taru Peltola, email@example.com